Developing your Unique Value Proposition will help you clearly articulate what sets your idea apart.
This statement of how your product or service will benefit your customer is critical to your business model and arguably the most important element of your overall messaging.
Before you can begin persuading others to get behind your idea, you need to define simply and succinctly what makes your idea unique. Once you nail your value proposition, your potential users will understand why they should do business with you.
Five Steps to Developing Your Unique Value Proposition
- Clarify your target customer. Find out everything you can about who you’re targeting and what their problems are.
- Identify what problem your product or service solves for the customer.
- List the benefits your product or service offers.
- Think about what differentiates your product or service and why you are uniquely positioned to offer this value.
- Once you’ve gotten this information down on paper, you are ready to create a clear, compelling value proposition by plugging your points into a Value Positioning Statement template. There are many templates out there, and our worksheet features one of the most popular.