Fast tracking health care innovation with Thomas Jefferson University
With a concentration of premier health care institutions and health care startups, we believe the Philadelphia region has what it takes to become a global hub for health care innovation.
To help fulfill our region’s potential in health care innovation, we teamed up with Thomas Jefferson University who’s Innovation Pillar and Accelerator Zone programs are already successful to help unlock the potential of Philadelphia to become a global magnet for health care innovation.
To bring together the best minds and brightest ideas from Independence and Jefferson, we launched the Health Innovation Collaboration. The Collaboration will generate and nurture novel ideas to improve patients’ health care experience, develop future health care professionals, and help physicians and hospitals transform care delivery to improve quality and value.
Some projects the Collaboration is undertaking include:
- Exploring the use of drones to deliver medical supplies to remote or dangerous locations
- Developing wearable technology that will help patients monitor their health
- Seeking innovative uses of technology to reduce hospital readmissions
- Funding an entrepreneur-in-residence program for clinicians and researchers with promising discoveries, providing the dedicated time, resources and proof-of-concept support to fully explore their ideas
- Establishing health hackathons where computer programmers and developers converge to create usable solutions for crucial health care issues
Together with partners like Jefferson, we are working to create a vibrant and dynamic environment in Philadelphia where health care will be reimagined.